Haven Of Rest serves our community in 3 distinct and separate ways. Some families want our comprehensive assistance, others ask for our help in only one or two of our areas of expertise.
1. The FUNERAL HOME staff meets an immediate need when a death occurs. At your request we receive a loved one into our care, and work with you to coordinate all of the details required by the State of Washington, obtain the necessary permits for burial or cremation, and assist you in planning an appropriate farewell for your family member.
2. As a CREMATORY FACILITY, we provide the essential function of cremation on-site so your loved one never leaves our care. We acquire the necessary authorizations from family members, obtain a Doctor's signature and documentation, and file the required forms with the appropriate county and state offices. We confirm identification of the deceased, and offer an opportunity for family members to have one last visit before cremation takes place. Having our own crematory facility allows us to control the work schedule in a timely manner.
3. Our CEMETERY truly is a multi-functional use of our property. Large areas have been developed for traditional burial plots. The mausoleum building at the entrance to our grounds provides space for both entombment (burial in above-ground crypts) as well as several walls of niches (smaller spaces suitable for urn placement). In addition, we have a traditional Urn Garden for in-ground placement of urns in a garden-like setting. As our community grows, so does the cemetery, with development echoing the changing choices of families we serve. We're constantly reviewing 20-50 year plans, and have many creative ideas for meeting the needs of tomorrow's generation.
In addition we partner with other professionals to complete a "Circle of Service" to our families:
- Bronze and Granite Memorials
- Casket and Urn suppliers
- Local florists and nurseries
- Video tribute productions
We also coordinate with:
- Local Pastors and other Service leaders
- Local professional musicians
- Military Honors / Tahoma National Cemetery
- Limousines and Police escorts
- Social Security