2. "Easter Sunrise Service"
- A family tradition at Haven of Rest since 1979. Our next Easter is on April 21, 2019. The program will begin at 7am and finish by 8am. It Includes live music and singing with a guest speaker followed by refreshments. We partner with local businesses and churches to host this event. See beautiful sunrise photos on the Easter Sunrise page.
3. "Memorial Day Tribute to our Fallen Veterans"
- Monday, May 27, 2019 at 12 o'clock noon: An annual family friendly event including a program that consists of local concert musicians, soloists, high school color guard, and speakers paying tribute and helping us remember the meaning of the day. Afterward we celebrate our freedom with a free "all American hot dog lunch". We partner with many volunteers, active duty military, churches, and local businesses to present this event to you. See photos on the Memorial Day page.
4. "Luminary Walk and Candlelight Remembrance"-
Our annual holiday time of remembrance will be held on Sunday, Dec 8, 2019 at 5:00 p.m
. Glowing luminary bags will surround the 40 foot evergreen wreath on our front lawn. Inside our chapel we will have activities designed for remembering and honoring the life of loved ones gone before you this year. There will be music, goodbye letter writing and a candle lighting ceremony; followed by placing your luminary bag in the evergreen wreath. A reception time will follow. When going outside please dress for our winter weather of the day. See photos on the Luminary page.
5. "Holiday Seasonal Happening":
You are invited to come to the funeral home anytime in December to make an "In Memory" ornament to hang on our Memory tree in the main entrance or to take home with you. Supplies are provided, and you may bring a small photo to add.
Contact Martha for more information 253-851-9991, email Martha@havenrest.com, or through this website.