Current Classes, Groups, and Events
1. "Understanding Your Grief" by Alan Wolfelt - Next session February 20th of 2018, always on Tuesday from 10:00 to 11:30a.m. It provides a time of healing, sharing, laughing, crying and looking to the future. Let me know if you are interested so I can add you to the list.
2. "Easter Sunrise Service" - A family tradition at Haven of Rest since 1979. This year Easter is on April 1, 2018. Our program will begin at 7am and finish by 8am. Includes live music and singing with a guest speaker followed by refreshments. We partner with local businesses and churches to host this event. See photos below.
3. "Memorial Day Tribute to our Fallen Veterans" - An annual family friendly event including a program that consists of a patriotic brass band, soloist, high school color guard, and a speaker. We celebrate our freedom with an "all American hot dog lunch" following this tribute. We partner with many volunteers, active duty military, churches, and local businesses to present this event to you. See the photos below.
4. "Luminary Walk and Candlelight Remembrance"- Our annual holiday time of remembrance will be held on Saturday, Dec 8, 2018 from 4:00 pm until 6:00 pm. Glowing luminary bags will line the cemetery leading to the funeral home where we will have activities designed for remembering and honoring the life of loved ones gone before you this year. There will be music, candle lighting and a speaker in our chapel. Placing your luminary bag will conclude the service. When going outside please dress for our winter weather.
5. "Seasonal Happening": You are invited to come to the funeral home anytime in December to make an "In Memory" ornament to hang on our Memory tree in the main entrance. Supplies provided.
Do you have suggestions for events or classes you would enjoy? Let me know!!
Contact Martha for more information 253-851-9991, email Martha@havenrest.com, or through this website.