Current Classes, Groups, and Events
1. "Understanding Your Grief" by Alan Wolfelt - Next session October 2nd of 2018, always on Tuesday from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Meetings are every Tuesday with the last class meeting on Dec 18th. Through the years I have found it will provide a time of healing, sharing, laughing, crying and looking to the future. Let me know if you are interested so I can add you to the list.
2. "Easter Sunrise Service" - A family tradition at Haven of Rest since 1979. Our next Easter is on April 21, 2019. The program will begin at 7am and finish by 8am. It Includes live music and singing with a guest speaker followed by refreshments. We partner with local businesses and churches to host this event. See beautiful sunrise photos below.
3. "Memorial Day Tribute to our Fallen Veterans" - Monday, May 27, 2019 at 12 o'clock noon: An annual family friendly event including a program that consists of local concert musicians, soloists, high school color guard, and speakers paying tribute and helping us remember the meaning of the day. Afterward we celebrate our freedom with a free "all American hot dog lunch". We partner with many volunteers, active duty military, churches, and local businesses to present this event to you. See the photos below.
4. "Luminary Walk and Candlelight Remembrance"- Our annual holiday time of remembrance will be held on Sunday, Dec 9, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Glowing luminary bags will form an infinite circle on the front lawn of our cemetery. Inside our chapel we will have activities designed for remembering and honoring the life of loved ones gone before you this year. There will be music, goodbye letter writing and a candle lighting ceremony in our chapel; followed by placing your luminary bag in the infinite circle in the cemetery. A reception time will follow. When going outside please dress for our winter weather of the day.
5. "Holiday Seasonal Happening": You are invited to come to the funeral home anytime in December to make an "In Memory" ornament to hang on our Memory tree in the main entrance or to take home with you. Supplies are provided, and you may bring a small photo to add.
Do you have suggestions for events or classes you would enjoy? Let me know!!
Contact Martha for more information 253-851-9991, email Martha@havenrest.com, or through this website.